hateonline shopping, but this is a highly recommended shopping site.
youknow how we like dirt
farout stuff
oneof my favorite hobbies
thismy favorite site.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Course Reflection

My experience in English 111 was a good one. I’ve never really enjoyed written as

a kid,But now that I’ve matured as an adult I find I have a lot more to talk about. When

you’ve been through the up and downs of life you can become bitter or learn to conform.

Either way you’ll have a lot more to be say about issues and current events. I would have

preferred that some of the assignments are scheduled earlier in the schools semester. It

seemed like most of the assignments Had to be turned in at the end of the school year. By

this time I was worn down and not as focused. But I understand why the work is spaced out

like that; the instructor is trying to help you hone your writing skills, and techniques.

The most difficult assignment in my opinion was the, “I am who I am because” paper; it was

difficult for me to write about my personal life. Once I honestly wrote the way I

perceived myself, the whole process became easy. My favorite part of class was whenever

got into groups, it’s an interesting process we people collaborate on ideas. The group

becomes one and everybody starts to feed off each other, bouncing ideas and thoughts off

each other. These method is only effective when people listen and not just wait for the

turn to talk.

Overall the experience was satisfying, there’s a sense of accomplishment after

you’ve completed an essay or writing assignment. I’ve got a new found respect for writers,

I didn’t realize how difficult literary work can be. Sometime it seems to come natural and

other times you just can’t seem to focus. I’ve also got a new found respect for Bruce

Springsteen, he’s always been one of my favorite artists. But after I viewed the

documentary “Born to Run”, I realized just how great of a musician he truly is.

I met some friends and became more sociable, so that’s always a good thing. I was

older than most of my class mates. As a consequence there were times when I felt like a

social misfit, but I persevered. I‘d recommend this course to anyone interested in

attending TCC. Though I would encourage students to try and develop a love of writing

prior to enrolling in English 111. I personally enjoyed putting my ideas on paper.

1 comment: